Thursday, October 14, 2010

I will not enable a ill person

I feel swamped by time and moments. I have a seven course banquet to organise on paper as well as three to four exams in the next two weeks. i work each weekend and am finding very little time to give to both the kids and myself. I took and hour and half out today with a friend and i felt guilty. I feel overwhelmed.

But a bizarre anger is rising also. My ex has been complaining to his parents for ages that im a low arse slacker never having to kids and always going on holidays. And his supportive toxic family believe him. I think for me the residue anger involved the amount of time ive had to fight his mother in my marriage until in the end i let her win. The moment i did she remarried her son and took over. Instead of omg lets organise counselling he went oh wow heres my son back and how can I trash his wife. Im not he first shes doe this to. Other members of the family have suffered the same fate. Perhaps they were wiser than me and backed off sooner i held out hope. Silly me.

the otehr day his motehr told me my ex has never said a bad word against me and in the next sentence told me how she was disgusted with the stories she had heard about me. Is she unintelligent no she is smart woman she is ver y careful about her words what she was telling me was that i was a useless piece of shit and she had hear about it but her precious son had never told her. Is she an idiot perhaps he thinks i am so.

She also told me that she felt i was the only one to get through toi him to organise her sons treatment. LMAO is she living on another planet. My ex husband will never get healing until his parents do one of two things . a>>>>>>> tell him to suck it up and get help and they will no longer enable his alcoholism.
or b . tell him to move out of their holiday house and live the real life like the rest of the world.

Guess what his parents cant do either my ex has screamed hes poor funny he isnt so poor as to buy johnny walker whisky at 70 bucks a pop. He spent his three thousand dollar loan on getting his car to be gassed on grog. And apparently im the one with issues LMAO.

I am healthy and getting whole alas my ex is toxic and bad for my health and while his parents feed his habits every day and refuse to take him to AA meetings then they are in my eyes the enemies and enablers. My children are loved by me and my friends who have become my family. They are safe from alcohol and drug abuse in my house, they are cared for and loved by people who see them and have a positive influence in their life. They have barely any involvement in their grandparents life because that is what the grandparentsd choose. Thank god i got better before their dad got sick, imagine two alcoholics caring for children. OMG thank god i got counselling.

with every toxic relationship they hate your healing and i am seeing that but thank god I'm healing. My choice had been to to not support my ex in his alcoholism and instead step back and move away. I will not enable someones death but only life. YEY the therapy i have got is reflecting an eternity of life.

5 comments:

  1. Good on you, Purple Cupcakes! You took a few minutes to come to it, but you talked it out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO right. Toxic people don't like to see you find health and piece of mind.

    ReplyDelete